Installation procedures before you use COMKAT
OS: Mac OS, Linux and Windows.
Matlab: As the mex files are compiled under different versions of Matlab, COMKAT on different platforms requires different Matlab release.
- Windows: Matlab 7 and above
- PowerPC-based Mac OS: Matlab R14 sp1 and above
- Intel-based Mac OS: Matlab 2007a and above
- Linux: Matlab R14 and above
1. Download COMKAT_R3.zip.
2. Unzip it to your computer.
3. Set up search path for COMKAT. You may do either of the following:
(1) Open Matlab, run 'SetComkatPath.m' under the COMKAT root folder.
Or (2) You may set up the paths manually. First, open Matlab and go to File -> Set Path. Click 'Add folder' and select the following folders. (COMKATROOT is the root folder that you unzip COMKAT files under.)
After that, click 'Add subfolders' and select COMKATROOT/ImageReadingFunctions.
4. In Matlab, execute command 'validate'. Validation suite should pop up and allow you to examine if results are correctly generated on your computer.
NOTE Mac users: To display tables in the COMKAT GUI properly, you have to set up your Matlab startup option to show Java elements by following these steps:
- Find file named "Matlab" under Matlab_root/bin/mac (Matlab_root is your Matlab directory)
- Press "ctrl" and click on the file "Matlab" (at the same time)
- Select "Show Package Contents"
- Another finder window should popup showing "Contents", enter this folder
- Find a file named " launch_matlab.sh"
- Open this file by TextEdit or any other editor
- Modify the following line: $SHELL -c 'bin/mac/setsid bin/matlab -desktop -display :0.0 &' to $SHELL -c 'bin/mac/setsid bin/matlab -useJavaGUI -desktop -display :0.0 &'
- Save "launch_matlab.sh"
You can now test if comkat is properly installed by running the validation suite. NOTE: This step is NOT necessary if you have done the previous steps successfully.